This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
Announcing the 2020 Savor Summer Scholarship Winner…Is it YOU?
There was a record number of applications this year, but only one application completely stood out and was the clear winner.
Congratulations to Brooke Jackowski from Pennsylvania!!!!
Brooke’s Savor Summer Scholarship application was beautiful from start to finish and was chosen for the following reasons:
- The application was neatly typed
- There were no missing materials
- All directions were followed to a “T”
- She wrote an interesting and engaging essay that stated with a “hook” (Find out how to do this here)
- The letter of recommendation was extremely detailed and personal
- All materials were mailed in the appropriate sized envelope
- Immaculate presentation – Brooke’s materials were a joy to read through and it was obvious that she took a lot of time to create a beautiful and complete scholarship package
Instead, use these tips to improve your chances of winning, and be sure to read How to Win College Scholarships to find out how my son won over $100,000 in scholarships and graduated from college 100% debt-free.
What NOT TO DO when submitting a scholarship:
- Do not squash all the required materials into one small envelope
- Don’t assume enough postage is affixed (double-check at the post office)
- Absolutely do NOT spit back the prompt when beginning the essay (For example, “For my summer vacation, I will…”)
- When the word limit is 500 words or less, don’t write one sentence or even one small paragraph
- When emailing a scholarship provider with questions, don’t begin with a casual opening. (“Hey Monica”) Yes, that actually happened.
- Don’t forget to sign the application
Find more winning scholarship tips here:
Thank you to each and every one of you who applied! Monica Matthews
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.