This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
It’s finally here: The 2021 Savor Summer College Scholarship Decision!
Did you or your student apply?
I love knowing that I can make a bit of a difference financially to a very deserving student.
I hate the fact that there is only ONE winner.
In previous years, as I have been awarding the scholarship money since 2015, I have struggled to choose a winner, so I surprised a few students with runner’s up awards of $100 each.
This year, however, it was a totally different ballgame.
For 2021, I had THREE CLEAR WINNERS, with no doubt in my mind that each of them deserved the whole $500 award.
So, I did something a little crazy this year.
I gave away (3) $500 scholarship awards.
I am so blessed and it is my pleasure to introduce the winners of the 2021 Savor Summer College Scholarship:
(If you are one of these amazing students, be on the lookout for an important envelope that has been mailed to your home address.)
The 2021 winners for the Savor Summer College Scholarship were exactly what I was looking for.
They were chosen for the following reasons:
- The applications were neatly typed
- All required materials were included
- Each essay started with a “Hook” (Find out how to do this here)
- The letters of recommendation were very detailed and personal
- Each application packet was beautiful and it was clear that the students worked extremely hard
- All materials were mailed in the appropriate sized envelope with no postage due (Yes, this happens!)
- The directions were followed and each application was very impressive
- All three of the winning essays were a joy to read from start to finish
If you applied for the Savor Summer Scholarship and did not win, please don’t stop applying for scholarships.
Use these tips to improve your chances of winning, and be sure to read How to Win College Scholarships to learn the strategies that all three of my boys used to win so many scholarships.
If we can do it, so can you, and I am here to help and guide you.
What NOT TO DO when submitting a scholarship:
- Do not squish the required materials into one small envelope
- Don’t guess on postage, take the envelope to the post office to get it weighed before mailing
- Absolutely do NOT spit back the prompt when beginning the essay (For example, “For my summer vacation, I will…”)
- When the word limit is 500 words or less, don’t write one sentence or even one small paragraph. Use this valuable space to share more about yourself.
- When emailing a scholarship provider with questions, don’t begin with a casual opening. (“Hey Monica”) Yes, that actually happens.
- Don’t forget to sign the application
Go here to find more winning scholarship tips:
Thank you to each and every one of you who applied! Monica Matthews
Still have a gap between scholarships won and tuition coming up due?
Use this FREE TOOL to get the best student loan rates:
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regard to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets, and more have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars. She teaches them how to apply S.M.A.R.T. with outstanding results.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites, and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.