This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
It’s finally here, the 2022 Savor Summer Scholarship winning announcement!
Did you or your student apply?
There were many possible winners and after much thought, I decided to pick THREE applicants instead of one.
The 2022 Savor Summer Scholarship winners are…
Congratulations to all three of you and be sure to check your home mailboxes in the next few days for your official letters and follow-up instructions!
Here is what impressed me about the applications of these wonderful young adults.
All of the winners:
- Wrote memorable and engaging essays that started with a hook (What is this? Look here.)
- Packaged their application and required materials in an organized and beautiful way
- Did not have any missing materials or information
- Submitted applications that were signed by the student and parent (if under 18). This matters!
- Typed their applications and as a result, were a pleasure to read
- Included letters of recommendation that were extremely detailed and personal
Did you or your student apply for the 2022 Saver Summer Scholarship and did not win this year?
Don’t lose hope!
Learn from what the winners did RIGHT and what those who were not chosen did WRONG.
Here are a few ways NOT to submit a scholarship application:
- Do not stuff all of the required materials into a small envelope
- Do not write an essay of 100 words when you have 500 words to let the judges get to know you on a deeper level (Please read: How to Write An Amazing Scholarship Essay)
- Don’t submit an application after the deadline
- Always type into scholarship applications and never hand write them
- Do not start an essay with, “My name is…” That is wasting valuable word space and the judges already know your name from the application
- Always use paragraph breaks in the essay. Reading 500 words in one long giant paragraph is difficult to follow and hard on the eyes
- Don’t spit back the essay prompt in the first sentence. “For my summer vacation, I will…” That’s boring and many students begin that way. Be different!
Thank you to each and every one of you who applied! Monica Matthews
The scholarship winning strategies that I developed and teach in How to Win College Scholarships (digital download ebooks for parents and students) clearly detail what NOT to do and exactly what TO DO to impress judges and win scholarship money.
In my scholarship ebooks, I share exactly how I helped my own son win over $100,000 in scholarship money and graduate from college 100% debt-free.
“Hello! I wanted to thank you for all of your information and tips on finding scholarships and writing essays in your ebook. Monday, we found out that my daughter was awarded a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP! She had to go through an intense interview after submitting several essays and letters of recommendation. We had read through many of your tips and tricks and they sure paid off! Thank you!” A.S., Scholarship Help and College Talk for Parents Facebook Group Member
Looking for more winning scholarship tips?
Download a FREE copy of my 10 Best Scholarship Tips by going here:
Do you still have a gap between scholarships won and tuition coming up due?
Have Juno negotiate the lowest rates for your family for FREE. Find out how here.
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regard to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets, and more have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars. She teaches them how to apply S.M.A.R.T. with outstanding results.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites, and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.