This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
5 Most Effective Tactics to Become a College Scholarship Winner
What separates the college scholarship winner from the typical loser?
Find out here how these five smart tactics can quickly transform scholarship applications!
To continue the S-M-A-R-T method of applying for college scholarships, today, let’s look at the M – Market Yourself.
The competition for scholarships is fierce, but what most people don’t realize is that the majority of students who apply think they just need to fill out an application, write a quick essay, and submit their work by the required deadline. DONE, right?
Unfortunately, applying for scholarships in this day and age is not that simple.
To become a college scholarship winner, students must market themselves wisely and smartly for their applications to stand out and get noticed by the judges.
To do this, they need to focus on these tactics:
- Align their writing with the background of the organization offering the scholarship money – The essay for a volunteering scholarship should be written about the student’s community service experiences.
- For a no-essay scholarship or a very short window in the form to fill in with personal details – Include a link to a personal website showcasing the student’s accomplishments.
- For a mailed-in scholarship packet – Send information in the requested order, include a cover sheet and scholarship resume (if additional information is allowed), and mail in an oversized envelope with the correct postage.
- Go over and above for each application – Use the box for “extra information” to share details not found anywhere else on the form.
- Always type into an application, NEVER fill in by hand – Learn how to use PDF to word conversion sites if the application cannot be typed into.
These are a few ways for students to market themselves and allow the judges to clearly see they are the very best candidates for the scholarship money being offered.
The How to Win College Scholarships ebooks teach parents and their students how to showcase the student’s strengths and market themselves wisely and strategically to get the attention of the judges.
Happy parents say it all!
“You know…I haven’t even read much of your ebook yet, but you have already helped me so much with just a couple of emails.
I am very busy…full-time job and 3 kids! Always pretty stressed! And especially now with all the college preparation, I was really starting to stress, but you have helped me a lot…to settle down, to put things in perspective and to not give up.
I hope God blesses you in this business endeavor–because you are truly doing a good thing for others!” P.H., Texas Parent
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regard to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets, and more have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars. She teaches them how to apply S.M.A.R.T. with outstanding results.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites, and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.