5 Most Effective Tactics to Become a College Scholarship Winner
What separates the college scholarship winner from the typical loser? Find out here how these 5 smart tactics can easily transform scholarship applications!
College is increasingly so expensive that parents and their students are desperate to find ways to help pay for it. I helped my son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and want to help you too. How did I do it? Read my story here.
This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. Thank you for helping fund the Savor Summer College Scholarship!
~ Monica Matthews
To continue the S-M-A-R-T method of applying for college scholarships that I began a few weeks ago, today let’s look at the M – Market Yourself.
Be sure to read the first two posts here:
The competition for college scholarships is fierce, but what most people don’t realize is that the majority of students who apply think that they just need to fill out an application, write a quick essay, and submit their work by the required deadline. DONE, right?
Unfortunately, applying for scholarships in this day and age is not that simple.
To become a college scholarship winner, students need to market themselves wisely and smartly in order for their applications to stand out and get noticed by the judges. To do this, they need to focus on these tactics:
- Align their writing with the background of the organization offering the scholarship money – The essay for a volunteering scholarship should be written about the student’s community service experiences.
- For a no-essay scholarship or a very short window in the form to fill in with personal details – Include a link to a personal website showcasing the student’s accomplishments
- For a mailed-in scholarship packet – Send information in the requested order, include a cover-sheet and scholarship resume (if additional information is allowed), and mail in an oversized envelope with the correct postage.
- Go over and above for each application – Use the box for “extra information” to share details that are not found anywhere else on the form.
- Always type into an application, NEVER fill-in by hand – Learn how to use pdf to word conversion sites if the application is not able to be typed into.
These are a few of the ways for students to market themselves and allow the judges to clearly see that they are the very best candidate for the scholarship money that is being offered. Come back next week for A – Answer the Essay Question, to become a college scholarship winner by applying S-M-A-R-T!BONUS: Get your FREE download of the 10 BEST COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP TIPS that will show you how to find and win more money for school here >>
You may also like to read: Self-Marketing is the Key to College Admission