Are You the Winner of the Savor Summer College Scholarship?
I’m excited and proud to announce the winner of the 2016 Savor Summer College Scholarship:
There were so many wonderful applicants that it was hard to narrow them down to possible winners and even more difficult to pick just ONE. To further help all of you who are seeking to win college scholarship money, here are some of the specific reasons that David’s application was chosen:
- Materials came in an oversized envelope, leaving them unfolded, not crushed and easy to read
- Application was neatly typed
- Scholarship resume was included, which had a very professional look and was limited to one page (Click here for info)
- Letter of recommendation was extremely detailed and personal
- Essay was interesting and personal
On the flip-side, here are some examples of applications that were not chosen because of these reasons. Remember, learning what college scholarship judges are looking for in an applicant can make a huge difference in the amount of awards won.
- Materials did not include the filled-out application
- Application was sloppily hand-written and not typed
- More than one letter of recommendation was included, when the instructions clearly asked for a single letter
- Permissions page was not signed (this is big one, as the money cannot be awarded without the proper legal signatures)
- Super short essay, not giving the judges a chance to get to know the student on a deeper level
- Essay all one long paragraph, making it difficult to read to the end
The scholarship winning strategies that I developed and published in How to Win College Scholarships (guides for parents and students) clearly detail what NOT to do and exactly what TO DO to impress judges and win scholarship money. In my scholarship guides, I share exactly how I helped my own son win over $100,000 in scholarship money and graduate from college 100% debt-free. College scholarship money is available to students of all levels, from elementary school to adults in grad school. Don’t wait, get your copy by clicking HERE.
Did you or your student apply for the Savor Summer College Scholarship and did not win? Use coupon code SCHOLARSHIPS25 for a discount on the scholarship guide that has helped countless students win money for school. The 2017 application will be available in mid December.
“Using tips from How to Win College Scholarships, my high school senior secured scholarships to cover tuition, books and fees her first year in college. How exciting! No extra outlay of money for either she or I…her very important freshman year in college…allows her to focus completely on her studies. Staying organized listed as step #1 in the guide was essential. Completing all the lines and thinking of presentation as if she were acing a job interview helped immensely. Thank you, Monica, for putting together this thorough, inspirational and amusing guide. It’s a masterpiece and it truly works! If we can do it, so can you!!!” – T.R., Parent