The Burger King Scholars from the McLamore Foundation
Did you know that actually up to $50,000 is available?
Here are all the important details:
- There are several awards offered, the number is determined by how many students apply
- Most are a $1000 non-renewable award, but the James W. McLamore Whopper scholarships grant up to $50,000 for the most highly qualified students
- Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada
- Open to high school seniors or Burger King employees, spouse/domestic partner of an employee or child of an employee
- Students must have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher (3.3 and above for the Whopper award)
- Employees of Burger King and their families ARE eligible to apply
- Online only application process
- Application period opens yearly on October 15 and closes on December 15
- Only the first 50,000 are considered
Winning Tips: When you read deep into the Burger King Scholars eligibility guidelines, it is stated that selection of the winners is based on 50% academic record and 50% participation in school and community activities. To be selected for the Whopper $50,000 scholarship, financial need is considered.
Only the first 50,000 applications are accepted, so apply early. Winners are notified by email and asked to submit additional information. If a student does not respond to the email, they become ineligible. Since school and community activities are highly valued as a deciding factor for this scholarship, students need to provide as much detailed information as possible about their work in and out of school.
Be sure to read: College Scholarship Judge Reveals Winning Secrets
Use the tips found here to submit a strong and memorable online only application. Work experience is also an important consideration for this scholarship, so students be sure to include specific information about your employment.
Go here for the application instructions:
Will you or your student apply for the Burger King Scholars college scholarship?