C.I.P. College Is Power Scholarship
The College Is Power Scholarship is a $1000 award for high school seniors. See if you or your student qualifies to apply here!
Online site CollegeIsPower.com is offering a $1000 college scholarship for students who will be in college within the next 12 months. The application is short and online only, so take a few minutes and don’t miss this one! Here are the guidelines and details:
- Open to students aged 17 and older who will be in college in the next 12 months
- Scholarship money can be used for any education-related expense
- Short, online-only application
- No minimum GPA requirement
- No extra materials required
- Open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Essay question must be answered in 150 words or less
- Deadline: May 31
Winning Tips: Because this is an online only scholarship application with no extra materials required (letter of recommendation, school transcripts, etc…), the judges’ decision is going to be based largely on the essay question. The question is, “What is your primary goal for going to school?”
Read tips on creating an amazing scholarship essay here. Stay on-topic and start with a hook. A hook is something that draws the reader in and compels them to WANT to read the whole essay (more on writing essays with a hook here).
Don’t start the essay with “My primary goal for going to school is…” Most students will do that, be different! If you have a personal website (a great way to add more content to online-only applications, read more about personal websites here) make sure you add the link at the end of your essay. Good luck!
Click here for the application page: