This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
How to Win the Savor Summer College Scholarship
Want to win the Savor Summer College Scholarship?
Here are some inside tips to increase your chances of winning it, and other scholarships too!
These tips will help students increase their chances of winning ALL scholarships, as well as my own.
- Don’t forget to include the application – Believe it or not, many envelopes arrive missing this key piece of material.
- Don’t hand-write any part of the application – Typing is neat, readable, and professional.
- Don’t send in extra letters of recommendation – Ignoring specific guidelines is not impressive.
- Don’t include letters of recommendation that are written for college admittance – “Dear Admittance Officer” does not speak to me at all.
- Don’t list everything you’ve ever done in your life on your scholarship resume – One page is best, 7 pages, WAY too long.
- Don’t forget to sign the application and have a parent sign if you are under 18 – There are legal matters involving giving money to students and my hands are tied if you don’t provide the requested signatures.
I hope these “what not to do” tips help you or your student in the scholarship process.
Come back soon for next week’s tip as I share details about previous winners and the exact reasons why they were chosen.
Students, keep applying for college scholarships all the way up to college graduation!
Learning what judges look for is a very important scholarship-winning strategy and a giant step in the right direction for anyone looking to win money for college.
Be sure to read How to Win College Scholarships and learn what scholarship judges appreciate in their applicants.
Do you have a college scholarship board on Pinterest? I do and it has HUNDREDS of scholarship opportunities on it.
Find it here and be sure to PIN this post!
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.