How to Win the Savor Summer College Scholarship
Looking for a summer scholarship?
Here are some inside tips on increasing your chances on winning the Savor Summer College Scholarship (And other scholarships too!)
College is increasingly so expensive that parents and their students are desperate for finding ways to help pay for it. I helped my son win over $100,000 in college [easyazon_link keywords=”scholarships” locale=”US” tag=”howtowincolsc-20″]scholarships[/easyazon_link] and want to help you too. Read my story here
This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. Thank you for helping fund the Savor Summer College Scholarship!
~ Monica Matthews
You may also like: Quick Easy College Scholarships
As the applications for the Savor Summer College Scholarship arrive, I feel the need this week to remind students of what NOT to do when trying to win money for college via scholarships. These tips will help students increase their chances of winning ALL scholarships, as well as my own.
- Don’t forget to include the application – Believe it or not, many envelopes arrive missing this key piece of material.
- Don’t hand-write any part of the application – Typing is neat, readable, and professional.
- Don’t send in extra letters of recommendation – Ignoring specific guidelines is not impressive.
- Don’t include letters of recommendation that are written for college admittance – “Dear Admittance Officer” does not speak to me at all.
- Don’t list everything you’ve ever done in your life on your scholarship resume – One page is best, 7 pages, WAY too long.
- Don’t forget to sign the application and have a parent sign if you are under 18 – There are legal matters involving giving money to students and my hands are tied if you don’t provide the requested signatures.
I hope these “what not to do” tips help you or your student in the scholarship process. Come back soon for next week’s tip as I share details about previous winners and the exact reasons why they were chosen.
Learning what judges look for is a very important scholarship winning strategy and a giant step in the right direction for anyone looking to win money for college.
Be sure to read this post detailing what scholarship judges appreciate in their applicants.
Do you have a college scholarships board on Pinterest? I do and it has HUNDREDS of scholarship opportunities on it. Find it here and be sure to PIN this post!