This week’s featured college scholarship is not a one time only award, it is a MONTHLY award!
Offered by L.A. Tutors, the “Innovation in Education Scholarship” is an opportunity for students to win $500 to be used for college tuition, books, on-campus room and board, and other fees. Here are the important and exciting details:
- Open to current high school or college students in the United States
- Students must be American citizens, permanent residents, or valid students visa holders
- 3.0 G.P.A. or equivalent
- Create an original innovative project that truly makes a difference in the lives of others (For example: a fundraiser, website, blog, app, etc…)
- Write an essay describing the project’s goal and submit supporting documentation
- The project and essay must be the student’s original work
- Submissions are uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month.
- The submission window closes on the 21st and reopens on the 1st of each month starting at 8:00 am
The whole application process for this scholarship takes place online. Project, essay, letter of recommendation and all other required materials are uploaded by the student.
Winning Tips: First, don’t SKIP this scholarship just because it’s only $500! Smaller awards DO add up and usually have much less competition than bigger, well-known scholarships. Know that the judges will be asking these questions when choosing a winner, “Does the project solve a problem, and if so, how persuasively does the applicant present his or her point of view? Does the project aim for originality, or does it repeat what’s already available?” The word “innovation” is used a LOT in the guidelines, so make sure you know what it means and show how your project is truly innovative. Read about one of the past winners to get a feel for what the judges are looking for at the bottom of the page here.
Access the scholarship application and full list of rules and guidelines here: