Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship for College
The Jack Kent Cooke scholarship is a full-ride award open to high school seniors!
The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship is a HUGE opportunity for students who meet the detailed guidelines.
This award is worth $40,000 per year, so take a look at the application requirements and apply if you or your student are eligible. There will be multiple scholarships awarded.
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2019.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2019.
- GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Test Scores – Receive a minimum SAT total of 1200 or ACT composite of 26.
- Income – Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $26,000.
The highly competitive Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship provides:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the student experience.
The scholarship application opens in early September of each year and is due in mid-November. (Double-check the deadline before applying!)
Winning Tips: This is a very competitive scholarship, but do NOT let that stop you from applying if you meet the requirements! The judges will be looking for students who demonstrate “exceptional academic ability and achievement, persistence, leadership, and service to others.” These traits should be shared in detail with personal stories in the essay component. Use the tips here to learn more about the type of students the judges are looking for in their winners for this scholarship.
Carefully read all of the applying requirements and guidelines before beginning the application!The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship is a full-ride award open to high school seniors! Click To Tweet
You will benefit highly from reading 10 Epic Tips Straight from a College Scholarship Judge before applying.
Find all the information and applying instructions here: