This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship for College
The Jack Kent Cooke scholarship is a full-ride award open to high school seniors!
This award is worth $40,000 per year, so take a look at the application requirements and apply if you or your student are eligible. There will be multiple scholarships awarded.
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2020.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2020.
- GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Test Scores – Receive a minimum SAT total of 1200 or ACT composite of 26.
- Income – Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $26,000.
The highly competitive Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship provides:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the student experience.
The scholarship application opens in early September of each year and is due in mid-November. (Double-check the deadline before applying!)
Winning Tips: This is a very competitive scholarship, but do NOT let that stop you from applying if you meet the requirements! The judges will be looking for students who demonstrate “exceptional academic ability and achievement, persistence, leadership, and service to others.” These traits should be shared in detail with personal stories in the essay component. Use the tips here to learn more about the type of students the judges are looking for in their winners for this scholarship.
Carefully read all of the applying requirements and guidelines before beginning the application!The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship is a full-ride award open to high school seniors! Click To Tweet
You will benefit highly from reading 10 Epic Tips Straight from a College Scholarship Judge before applying.
Find all the information and applying instructions here:
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.