This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
Knowledge Matters Virtual Business College Scholarship
The Knowledge Matters Virtual Business College Scholarship is an opportunity for students to win $2000 for college.
The Virtual Business Scholarship from Knowledge Matters is a $2000 award that is somewhat different than traditional college scholarships. This scholarship involves the student being nominated by a teacher. Here are the details:
- Open to current U.S. high school juniors and seniors
- Students must show excellence in marketing, business, or personal finance and successfully use technology in these subjects
- $2,000 scholarship award
- Deadline: April 27 (double-check, as this date has been changed in former years)
- Online only application with information submitted from nominating teacher and student
- There appears to be no financial need or minimum GPA required
- 500-1000 word essay required
Winning Tips: This is a fairly simple online scholarship application. Many students will not apply because of the nomination requirement. This means LESS competition for those that do apply. Savvy students need to put together a portfolio of their accomplishments in business, marketing, or personal finance and present it to a teacher in one of these areas and ask for a nomination.
Be sure to read: College Scholarship Judge Reveals Winning Secrets
The student portion of the application involves “describing how the use of technology has helped you, the student, to excel within business, marketing or personal finance.” The student should place heavy emphasis on the technology aspect when writing the essay portion.
Use the tips found here for submitting the best online scholarship application possible.
When writing the essay, students are encouraged to provide specific examples and focus on these points in which technology has:
- helped you learn better than textbooks or lectures alone
- stimulated your interest and enthusiasm
- developed your communication skills in these areas
- made you a better problem-solver
- increased your confidence in your future educational and work prospects
The essay should be from 500 – 1000 words.
What students are saying about How to Win College Scholarships:
To apply for the Knowledge Matters Virtual Business College Scholarship, click here:
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.