This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
New High School Seniors = New Scholarship Opportunities!
New high school seniors are SO busy with school, but they should set aside time daily to apply for college scholarships!
The new school year is just about upon us and in some parts of the country has already started. Brand new high school seniors have a whole exciting year ahead of them and the last thing on their minds right now is probably applying for college scholarships. What they don’t realize, however, is that there are tons of early deadline scholarships available for them and if they don’t get in the habit of finding and applying for these scholarships, money they might have won for college slips right through their busy fingers.
Here is one scholarship with an early deadline and some scholarship winning tips to inspire even the busiest and excited new high school senior:
CoffeeForLess.com “Hit the Books” Scholarship – Details from their site:
Eligible students will be aged 18-25 and enrolled in an accredited college or university. Candidates will have the opportunity to compete once in January and again in August for the scholarship, but will only be eligible to win the scholarship once.
The “Hit The Books Scholarship” will award one student up to $500 dollars to be used for educational books and materials.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, candidates should submit an essay of no more than 500 words on the subjects of the importance of education in their lives and how the scholarship money will assist the students’ goals. Bonus points will be awarded to those students who find a creative way to include their passion for coffee within their essay without losing sight of the primary topic.
Use these scholarship winning tips before applying:
- Go to the “Scholarship Winners” page here to read the words of previous winners to get a feel for the kind of student the company is looking for in their winners.
- Be sure to include a love of coffee in the essay. This is a company that is all about coffee and will be sure to pick a winner who is passionate about coffee and finds a way to creatively share their java love.
- Write NO more than 500 words, but stay as close to 500 as possible. The essay is the heart of the scholarship application and in this case, ALL of the application.
- Double and triple check the essay for grammar and spelling, letting at least one trusted pair of eyes read it and make suggestions and comments. (Tip: Use the free version of Grammarly!) Watch these eyes as they read. Are they bored, laughing, smiling, surprised, glossed-over? Pretend they are the judges’ eyes and make changes to the essay, if necessary.
- Don’t miss the deadline! Students have two dates to choose from: August 25 and January 25. (Double-check these dates before applying)
To apply for the CoffeeForLess.com Scholarship, click HERE
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.