This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
$5000 Nitro College Scholarship
The Nitro College Scholarship is a $5000 award plus a $1000 bonus!
A fun addition to this scholarship is the bonus of a $1000 award for students who mention the names of their friends on their application. If the friend wins and your name was mentioned, you win a $1000 scholarship!
Here are the details of the Nitro scholarship:
- Open to current college students
- $5000 award with $1000 friends bonus
- Open to U.S. residents only
- NO G.P.A. requirement
- NO financial need requirement
- NO letters of recommendation required
- 3 short essay questions to answer (50-250 words)
- Easy social media component (Instagram pic or Twitter tweet)
- Deadlines: Dec 31, March 31, July 31
Winning Tips: The main part of this scholarship application is 3 short essay questions. Write them in a separate document and then copy and paste them into the application. This gives students a chance to review their work, save it, and perfect it before submitting it. Find the essay questions below. All answers should start with a hook (info here) and use the space to share personal and relevant details.
Learn about the mission of Nitro and keep this information in mind when organizing thoughts and writing. For the social media component (post an Instagram pic or tweet), keep what is posted positive, impressive, and memorable. Use the Grandma Test (found here) to make sure your social media presence is clean. If you have a personal website, share the link to it in each of your essays.
Keep these judging guidelines in mind when applying:
- Quality of submission (25%)
- Completeness of submission (25%)
- Creativity of ideas in short essay response (25%)
- Creativity of social media element (25%)
Learn the unique methods this student used to win over $100,000 in scholarships and graduate from college debt-free right here >>
1. Visit Nitro College, read an article or two and then tell us something you learned that you didn’t know before about paying for college. Be sure to mention the URL of the page where you learned this. (in 50 to 250 words).
2. There has recently been much discussion in the media about the rising costs of higher education. What plan or idea would you propose to make paying for college easier and more affordable (in 50 to 250 words)?
3. The process of paying for college can be confusing. What is one thing you would like more information about (or would have liked more information about) when applying for college? Please explain why this information would be useful (in 50 to 250 words).
Apply for the Nitro scholarship here:
2021 UPDATE: The Nitro Scholarship is now a $2,000 award with NO ESSAY!
Apply using the link below:
NITRO COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.
This sounds like a good opportunity. I like the friends bonus.
Yes, the friend’s bonus really makes this scholarship opportunity unique! 🙂
I remember reading this and immediately telling my girlfriend about it so she could let her high school teaching peeps know about it 🙂
Perfect, thank you!
I’ve never seen such a unique scholarship entry! This is awesome.
It is and I love all the different deadlines! 🙂
This sounds like a great opportunity and I love the idea of the “grandma test” for social media profiles – very practical for general job searches too!
Thanks Linda, and good point about using the Grandma Test for job searches!
What a terrific opportunity for some lucky student! Where do you find these???
Several students will win scholarships from Nitro. Isn’t that great? I actually didn’t find this scholarship, the fine people at Nitro found me and contacted me to see if I would share their scholarship with my blog readers and followers. Love it!
Hello, I just wish to clarify about the scholarship. It looks like it is now essay-free? I would be happy to write an essay, but just want to double-check the requirements. I’ve been applying for the essay-free monthly.
Yes, this is correct, Sara. It changed to no essay in 2021. Good luck! 🙂