This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
The Sugar Spun Run Scholarship is all about food and what student doesn’t love food???
HOLD UP! Before applying for ANY scholarship, learn the SMART strategies found in How to Win College Scholarships.
Do you like to bake? How about eat sweets?
This award is the Sugar Spun Run Scholarship sponsored by sugarspunrun.com, a delicious food blog.
Here are all the scholarship rules and details:
Sugar Spun Run is proud to announce that we will be awarding a $500 scholarship to one high school senior or college student who authors a winning essay for the Annual Sugar Spun Scholarship.
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2021 (Do NOT submit early)
- The essay should be written in English and should not exceed 1,000 words.
- Students must be attending or accepted into a US college or university.
- Save and send electronic submissions in Word or PDF format (PDF preferred).
- Submit an original essay.
- Students may apply one time each year.
- The winner will be required to provide proof of enrollment before the scholarship will be awarded.
- Applicants must agree to Sugar Spun Run’s Official Scholarship Rules and must follow all instructions to be considered.
- $500 award
- Deadline: August 1, 2021 (Double-check yearly)
Judging Criteria for the Sugar Spun Run Scholarship
Essays will be judged on originality, creativity, style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as adherence to the essay prompt.
Be sure to read: How to Write an Amazing Scholarship Essay
Applicants must write an essay based on one of the following prompts:
- Your most memorable meal
- A life lesson learned through food
- If you could sit down to a meal with any person in history, living or dead, who would you choose, and why? Include the food that you would serve.
Please title the essay with the prompt that you have chosen.
Deadline & Submission
Beginning January 1, 2021, all submissions must be received by 11:59 pm EST, August 1st.
The application may be submitted via mail or email.
Emailed applications must include “Scholarship Application” in the subject line and must be sent to Scholarship@Sugarspunrun.com.
Mailed applications should be sent to:
Sugar Spun Run
3100 Westminster St
P.O. Box 638
Manchester, MD 21102
Both e-mailed applications and mailed applications must include the following above the essay:
Your full name
Your email address
The school that you are attending or intend to attend
The winner will be announced on or around August 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
Winners will be featured on the Sugar Spun Run scholarship page.
Please contact Scholarship@Sugarspunrun.com with any further questions regarding this scholarship.
Find the sponsor’s website and all scholarship rules here:Students, apply for this scholarship especially for bakers and food lovers! Click To Tweet
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.