This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
7 Unique and Effective Ways to Find College Scholarships
I’m so BUSY, how do I find college scholarships?
Here are some easy non-time-consuming ways to find college scholarships:
- Do you watch TV? Search for scholarships during commercials.
- Do you commute to and from work on a bus or train? Find scholarships while commuting.
- Do you sit in your car waiting for your student’s sports or music practice to finish? Look for scholarships while you are waiting.
- On your lunch break at work? Page through a scholarship listing book like this one while you are eating.
- Surfing the internet at home? Click over to every high school website in your area and check out their scholarship lists for local students.
- Chatting with friends? Tell them you and your student are trying to find scholarships and ask them to keep their eyes open.
- Do you read the newspaper? Check and see if your paper has a “Names in the News” section. There they list the winners of local scholarships. Jot down this info and have your student apply when they are qualified.
Think you have no time to find scholarships? Think again!
Finding scholarships is a big part of the process and once you have your list, you are ready to help your student apply.
Don’t get caught in the “I have no time” excuse. Everyone is busy!
Squeeze in scholarship searching every chance that you get and you will be amazed at how many scholarship opportunities you will find.
Do you have a unique way to find college scholarships? Share it in the comments section below!
7 Unique & Effective Ways to Find College Scholarships - THIS is how to win more money for school! Click To Tweet
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.