Video PSA College Scholarship Contest
Here is a college scholarship opportunity with NO GPA or essay requirement!
College is increasingly so expensive that parents and their students are desperate to find ways to help pay for it. I helped my son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and want to help you too. How did I do it? Read my story here.
This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. Thank you for helping fund the Savor Summer College Scholarship!
~ Monica Matthews
The law firm of Spangenberg Shelby & Liber is looking for students to enter their Video PSA (Public Service Announcement) College Scholarship Contest. This is an exciting opportunity for creative students who are looking for a scholarship with no essay or GPA requirement. The first prize is a $2000 scholarship, the second prize is $1000, and the third prize is $500. Here are all the details:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Must be in good academic standing at your current educational institution;
- Must submit all required entry materials and supply all required information by the deadline at 11:59pm EST on Friday, March 31, 2017;
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident;
- Must have read and agree to the General Rules & Disclaimers
- Employees of Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest.
- Online only scholarship, no mailed entries will be accepted
- Proof of U.S. residency required
- Copy of current academic transcripts required
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance letter to college required
Video Subject Topics to choose from:
- What can college students do to raise awareness about campus safety issues?
- How can we help raise awareness about privacy and online security in the digital age?
- How can we help to raise awareness about Traumatic Brain Injuries and prevention?
- How can young people raise awareness and help prevent human trafficking?
Winning Tips: This is a video contest, so students can cash in on their strengths by choosing the topic that they have strong feelings about and use personal details to make their point come across clearly and with passion.
The objective of a PSA – Public Service Announcement – is to raise awareness and to change public attitudes and behavior towards a known social issue.
Students need to use their 30-60 seconds and make sure they are covering all three of these objectives in their video.
Creativity is extremely important and the first few seconds of the video should draw in the viewer and peak their interest. (Related: Begin with a Hook) Students need to “create an original, compelling, and impactful video PSA that addresses the selected topic, engages its viewers and inspires them to become part of the solution.” Judges will evaluate entries on “originality, creativity, strength of message, and ability to inspire viewers.”
Be sure to read: 10 Epic Tips Straight from a College Scholarship Judge
Not only should the video raise awareness of the topic, but it should offer a solution to the problem.
Get all the details and find the scholarship application entry form here: