This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
6 Smart Ways to Impact College Admissions and Scholarship Decisions
What if you could easily have an impact on how college admissions and scholarship decisions are made? Keep reading!
Showing a college that you care is a smart way to increase a student’s chances of being awarded a scholarship by that school.
More commonly known as “demonstrated interest”, this is a method of connecting with the colleges that a student is interested in and showing them how much the student would like to be accepted and attend.
Many colleges take note of this interest and it often helps in admissions and scholarship decisions.
Here are a few examples of demonstrated interest:
- Calling or emailing the admissions and financial aid office with questions (Prudently!)
- Creating a Pinterest board dedicated to that college
- Following the college on social media and making positive interactions
- Opening emails from the institution and clicking on the links provided (Yes, these can be tracked!)
- Visiting the college on planned student visits and/or random visits while the family is in the area
- Sending a thank you note to the admissions or financial aid staff member that was met while visiting
- Attending local college fairs and saving contact cards from school representatives, then contacting them specifically with questions
Of course, none of these actions can guarantee a scholarship award, but they can’t hurt and all of them help a student to determine if a college is actually right for them.6 Ways to impact college admissions and scholarship decisions Click To Tweet
Have you or your student demonstrated interest in a college? Share how in the comments section!
You may also like: 10 Epic Tips Straight From a College Scholarship Judge
FAQ: Where do I find scholarships that I am qualified to apply for?
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.